Good news! Cuba Caribe festival planning has started!
We wanted to reach out and let you know that it is time to send your applications for performing at the next Cuba Caribe festival (the weekend of April 20-22nd, 2012).
The theme for this year's Festival is "Baile Tradicional/Popular". This year, we want to take a look at the power of people and the art they create when they gather in living rooms, homes and in the streets. The secular popular music and dances are fundamental to the daily survival of many cultures, traditions and artists. Dance and music serve as an expression and a release from daily problems, worries, hard ships. It is a form of escape that allows the mind and body to change its consciousness and emotional states. It is an interaction between drummer and dancer, dancer and dancer, performer and audience. It is communal, improvisational and liberating.
We are looking for performances of any of the Caribbean Diaspora cultures that can represent these ideas (Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti, Mexico, Panama, Peru, The Dominican Republic, Brazil, etc).
We are looking for music and dance group performances (no solos, please). They should have live music preferably (though strong performances without live music will be considered) and should not be longer than 10 minutes.
This is a paid performance.
How to send your application?
You can send us the link to the video to: email@example.com
- Please send a video of your previous work. It doesn't have to be the piece you are planning to present at the festival, but need to be representative of your work.
- Your video should be hosted online (your website, youtube, vimeo, facebook or any other platform).
- Please send along a brief description of the group.
- Deadline for sending videos is Thursday, Dec 1st, 2011.
- We will send our notices by January 13th, 2012.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing your art,
The CubaCaribe team